GPS based mostly toll assortment: Bodily toll cubicles to be eliminated, GPS-based assortment inside 1 yr, says Nitin Gadkari | India Enterprise Information

[ad_1]

HostArmada - Affordable Cloud SSD Web Hosting
NEW DELHI: Union transport minister Nitin Gadkari on Thursday knowledgeable that every one bodily toll cubicles within the nation will likely be eliminated and collections will occur through GPS-based system.
Addressing the Lok Sabha throughout Query Hour, Gadkari mentioned that within the subsequent one yr India will implement a whole GPS-based toll assortment mechanism the place cash could be collected based mostly on GPS imaging on automobiles.
With FASTag turning into necessary for automobiles, the minister has instructed police inquiry for these automobiles which don’t pay toll.

Gadkari famous that 93 per cent of the automobiles pay toll utilizing FASTag, however the remaining 7 per cent have nonetheless not taken it regardless of paying a double toll.
“I wish to guarantee the Home that inside one yr all bodily toll cubicles within the nation will likely be eliminated. It implies that toll assortment will occur through GPS. The cash will likely be collected based mostly on GPS imaging (on automobiles),” he mentioned.
FASTags, which facilitate digital fee of payment at toll plazas, was launched in 2016.
From February 16, automobiles with out FASTag are required to pay double toll payment at digital toll plazas throughout the nation.

Apart from, Gadkari additionally unveiled the much-awaited automobile scrappage coverage.
The coverage will supply about 5 per cent rebate to these shopping for new vehicles in the event that they junk their previous automobiles.
Itemizing the incentives, Gadkari mentioned scrap worth for the previous automobile given by the scrapping centre will likely be roughly 4-6 per cent of ex-showroom worth of a brand new automobile.
The state governments could also be suggested to supply a street tax rebate of as much as 25 per cent for private automobiles and as much as 15 per cent for for industrial automobiles, he mentioned.

[ad_2]

Leave a Comment

HostArmada Affordable Cloud SSD Shared Hosting